Triple Chocolate Diablo Cookies are absolutely heavenly. The chocolate is greatly enhanced by the tiniest amount of cayenne and cinnamon. Raw sugar and a pinch of salt on top really make them sinfully delicious!
I was trying to come up with a Halloween dessert, and my beautiful friend Sharon told me about these cookies. She said that Brandon would particularly love Triple Chocolate Diablo Cookies because they have a little cayenne in them. That had me a little worried because I am not a spicy person at all.
I quickly baked up a batch because all of these cookie ingredients are things you usually have on hand. After they came out of the oven, I discovered the combination of chocolate and cayenne is absolutely heavenly for something called a Diablo Cookie. They have the most AMAZING flavor and are only the tiny tiniest bit spicy. The chocolate is actually enhanced by the cayenne and cinnamon. Hard to believe that chocolate can taste even more chocolaty. Oh my goodness, they are absolutely addicting. Please give them a try and let me know what you think. They really are sinfully delicious!
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1¼ cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- coarse raw sugar and pinch of salt for decorating the top
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream together butter, white and brown sugars with a mixer.
- Add eggs and vanilla, and mix well until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the baking soda, salt, cayenne pepper, and cinnamon.
- Add in cocoa powder and mix carefully. Mix in the flour.
- Finally, stir in semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Place on a cookie sheet in 1½ inch balls (squish down a bit to flatter cookies). Sprinkle tops with a little coarse raw sugar and just a pinch of salt.
- Bake in oven for 9-12 minutes. They will crackle a little after you take them out. Move to a cooling rack after a couple minutes.
And check out our other seasonal goodies….like our Halloween Candy Bark, Candy Corn Oreo Cookies, Ghostly Pumpkin Parfaits or Chocolate Cupcakes with Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling to name a few!