This Strawberry Spinach Salad Breakfast Wrap is a healthy breakfast wrap that will satisfy your tummy and your busy schedule. Finally a tasty garden-fresh meal worth waking up for!
Good Morning! Now THIS is the way to start your day. This Strawberry Spinach Breakfast Wrap is so easy to make, deliciously reFRESHing, and packed full of nutrients. It’s the perfect on-the-go healthy alternative.
I was tooling around the Interweb (just kidding) and looking for something a little bit different for my morning routine. I happened upon this recipe and I knew I wanted to tweak it, to make it my own. I was reminded of the very popular Strawberry & Spinach Salad that everyone loves (with spinach, nuts, strawberries and bacon), so I thought…why not make that into a morning wrap.
Now, I am all for healthy eating, but sometimes it just isn’t breakfast without a little bacon in my life. Yes, you can use turkey bacon, but I didn’t do that (note to self: try to find a brand of turkey bacon that actually tastes good…any insight on your part would be appreciated). However, instead of using bacon dressing on this recipe (I mean, you have to draw the line somewhere), I made a nonfat Greek yogurt, honey-lime dressing instead. It was absolutely scrumptious!
You are going to love this wrap. You get the sweet, coconut sugar marinated strawberries, the zesty fresh spinach, the salty, savory bacon and the roasted, nutty walnut crunch in every bite. I will warn you though; you have to eat this Strawberry Spinach Breakfast Wrap right away. You don’t want the spinach to wilt and the strawberries are macerated, so the liquid factor isn’t made for preparing it the night ahead (I tried and was very disappointed the next morning).
So, please give this yummy Strawberry Spinach Salad Breakfast Wrap a try. It’s the perfect fresh alternative to whatever that “Arches Clown” is offering. And, I wasn’t kidding about the turkey bacon…any help on your part would be most welcome!
- 2 strips turkey bacon (or real bacon if you live dangerously like me), cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup walnuts pieces
- ¼ pound strawberries
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar (they have this at Trader Joe’s)
- 2 tablespoons nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 large multi grain wrap (or lavash flatbread)
- ¾ cup fresh spinach
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread the walnuts on a small baking sheet and roast for 5-8 minutes, tossing a couple times to ensure evening cooking. Set aside to cool.
- Remove the green hulls and slice the strawberries into ¼ inch slices. Place them in a small bowl and stir in the coconut sugar. Let stand for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, honey and lime to make a dressing.
- When ready to assemble, spread the dressing over the wrap. Top with the spinach, strawberries, bacon, walnuts and chia seeds. Roll up the wrap and cut in half. Enjoy IMMEDIATELY!
For other fantastic breakfast options, please try our Morning Mocha Breakfast Yogurt, Hawaiian Breakfast Fried Rice, Skillet Breakfast Pizza, Bistro Breakfast or The Manliest Breakfast Burger to name a few!