Spring Pudding Chex Mix is the perfect snack for kids of all ages. A delicious quick and easy treat the whole family will love!
Don’t you just love it when you want a snack and it turns out that you have everything you need to make it in your pantry? I was really craving something sweet when I remembered my friend Stephanie telling me about her Banana Pudding Muddy Buddies or Puppy Chow (not for the dog) that she makes for her kids. I guess it is very hard to resist and irresistibly yummy. So, I decided to make it with what I had on hand. Oh my, she wasn’t kidding. It is very addictive!
Spring Pudding Chex Mix really picks up the flavor of whatever dry instant pudding you decide to use. I used white chocolate instant pudding, because that’s what I had on hand. You can use whatever flavor you are partial to, but I did love the white chocolate!
The nice thing is it goes together so quickly. I was eating this Spring Pudding Chex Mix within 15 minutes. I decided to give some to a neighbor because if I didn’t I would have eaten the whole batch by myself. Plus, it is very nice to share, don’t you think? Why should I be the only one enjoying this light, crunchy, delectable treat? This would definitely be a great item to bring to a party or get together. Just put it in a cellophane bag or a mason jar and tie it up with a pretty Spring ribbon, and you’ll be the hit of the party! Quick, easy, “puddingly” delicious, inexpensive and feeds a hungry crowd…these days you can’t say that very often!
- 5 cups of Chex rice cereal
- ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 5 tablespoons dry Instant pudding mix (whatever flavor you desire, I used white chocolate)
- ⅛ cup Sprinkles
- 8 oz melted white chocolate
- Pour the Chex cereal into a large bowl. In a large gallon size Ziploc bag, combine the confectioners’ sugar, dry pudding mix and sprinkles. Close the bag and shake well to combine. Set aside.
- After melting the white chocolate (I used a double boiler to melt it-instructions here), gently pour the white chocolate over the Chex cereal and carefully mix together with a spatula to evenly coat the cereal and not break up the pieces.
- Spoon the cereal into the Ziploc bag with the sugar mixture, close and shake the bag to coat all the cereal with the dry ingredients.
- Pour into a big bowl and enjoy!
For another GREAT snack, try our Frosted Coffee Nibbles!