Spiced Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Loaf is such a fall favorite! Quick and easy, it is bursting with sweet cinnamon and nutmeg spice, inviting chocolate chips, and tons of pumpkin flavor.
This will be my first East Coast fall season. It is getting cooler outside and the leaves are actually starting to turn different colors. I have never seen such deep reds, oranges and yellows when it comes to foliage. So the first thing I want to do is get pumpkins to decorate my home, and secondly make Spiced Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Loaf!
This bread smells absolutely amazing when it is cooking in the oven. A sweet cinnamon spice and nutmeg aroma float through the air. You finally taste the tender, moist pumpkin chocolate combination, and then feel a breathtakingly warmhearted feeling inside. That is a lot of pressure for a loaf of bread, but I am telling you that this recipe delivers! Plus, with the extra “left over” pumpkin puree you can make another fall favorite, my Chocolate Cupcakes with Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling. So whether your leaves outside are turning vibrant colors or not, Spiced Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Loaf will definitely put you in the mood for fall.
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin (I use Libby's)
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ⅓ cup + 2 teaspoons canola oil
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray one loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together flours, soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together pumpkin, eggs, sugar, oil and water with a whisk until fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Stir together the wet and dry ingredients, along with the chocolate chips until just mixed. Do not over mix.
- Bake 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
For another great morning loaf option, please try our Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread, Spiced Apple Bread or Blender Banana Bread to name a few!