Oh Fudge is a dessert that will melt in your mouth. It’s velvety smooth texture will knock your winter socks off. This unique freezer fudge is beyond creamy and decadent!
As soon as the weather turns cold and we enter the Holiday Season, the first thing I like to make is Oh Fudge! This recipe got its name because every time I would bring it into work, people would say excitedly “Oh Fudge”! Somehow it wouldn’t be the Holidays without it. This fudge is decadent, intensely chocolate and velvety, silky smooth. It is so creamy and rich; it just melts in your mouth.
This is an old family recipe of a friend. She prefers to stay anonymous; she’s mysterious that way. Anyway, the first time my son Brandon tasted her fudge, he was instantly smitten. No other fudge has ever compared, and he has tried his fair share. The interesting and different thing about this fudge is that it is stored in the freezer. Maybe that is why the flavor stays so intense. But it doesn’t harden to the point where you have to let it defrost or anything. It is just perfectly chilled. I suppose if you prefer room temperature fudge, you can take it out and wait until it is time to serve it. Either way, nothing satisfies a sweet tooth better than a piece of nutty, chocolaty fudge.
- 3 (12 oz) packages semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 pound mini marshmallows
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (if desired)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
- 4 ½ cups sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the chocolate chips, marshmallows, walnuts, butter, vanilla and salt.
- In a medium saucepan, cook the evaporated milk and sugar over medium heat for 6 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour the milk and sugar mixture into the large bowl with the dry ingredients. Combine thoroughly until smooth.
- Spread it onto buttered cookie sheet, cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm. Keep in freezer.
Please don’t forget to try our other wonderful chocolate temptations, the Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake Bites or Orange Cappuccino Chocolate Creams!
Please Check Out our 22 Clever, FUN and Cool Kitchen Gadgets for Foodies that will make the perfect kitchen gifts! Most are priced under $15.