Mini Pizzas and Pies in one Muffin Tin! Eight extra cheesy and puffy pizzas bake together with four juicy berry pies for a special meal that will WOW your guests!
Cooks of all ages will love making these fun and incredibly easy Mini Pizzas and Pies. This kid-friendly recipe will make tiny chefs out of your children in no time. It will become the greatest family pizza and dessert night ever!
My brother and I used to make these Mini Pizzas and Pies all the time growing up. It was so much fun to bake the little pizzas and the mini berry pies together in the same muffin tin pan. We loved to pull apart the pizza dough and stuff it into the little muffin tin pockets. Then, we would layer on all the goodies to customize each little pizza for everyone in our family. Finally, we would scoop the sweet, fruity, berry pie filling in the final 4 tins and place it in the oven. My brother could hardly wait those 20 minutes to serve everyone. And, after dinner we would put on a joke show. Those were wonderful memories!
Kids cooking special, relaxing dinners are a great way to introduce children to the joy of cooking and baking. Children show a sense of pride when they can make something with their own hands. It enhances their confidence, skills and creativity as they prepare fun and tasty meals. Most of all, by making these Mini Pizzas and Pies, your kids will learn cooking skills, teamwork and a sense of accomplishment. What a great way to teach your kids to explore their imagination and eat good food. And, after eating these delicious, little savory and sweet concoctions, your family will be bursting with admiration. Enjoy!
- 12 cup regular size muffin tin
- 1 pound fresh pizza dough (Trader Joe’s has it)
- ¼ cup mini pepperoni slices
- ¼ lb mild Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- Any other favorite pizza toppings that your family desires: olives, onions, mushrooms, pineapple, ham, peppers, etc.
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup of your favorite pizza sauce
- 1 (21 oz) can berry pie filling (or your favorite flavor)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Take out the pizza dough and let it rest at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and separate into 12 equal balls (see picture above). Press gently into muffin cups. Flour your hands if it gets too sticky.
- Place about 2 tablespoons pepperoni, sausage or any other toppings in 8 of the cups. You can use the ingredients to help push down on the dough and drive it up the sides of the muffin cups.
- Then finish with 1 tablespoon each of mozzarella cheese and pizza sauce on top.
- For the final 4 tins, scoop in 3 tablespoons of berry pie filling into each cup.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the filling is bubbly. Let cool for one minute. Remove from cups and serve immediately. Enjoy!
And for other Pizza creations, please try our Skillet Breakfast Pizza, Cal Italia Pizza, Chicago Deep Dish Pizza, Biscuit Calzone and Brownie Fruit Pizza to name a few!