Quick and easy Jack & Green Chile Egg Puff has incredible flavor with fire roasted green chilies, cottage cheese for texture and gooey Jack cheese melted throughout.
My friend Bonnie is the perfect hostess, and an unbelievable cook.
Have you ever met anyone who was born to entertain? Where you walk into her home and she immediately makes you feel special. Not only does Bonnie have some of your favorite snacks ready (hello Peanut M&M’s and Lay’s Wavy Potato Chips with Onion Dip), she also can’t put a drink in your hand fast enough. Bonnie doesn’t want any help in the kitchen. Just sit on the kitchen stool, chat and relax while she makes you the most incredible meal. Yep, that is my beautiful friend Bonnie. She is the perfect hostess.
Bonnie first introduced Jack Green Chile Egg Puff to me when I was spending a few days with her for work a long time ago. I think I had a third helping, but I will never admit to that. This quick and easy casserole reminds me of a lighter, fluffier frittata. The green chilies add flavor, not heat, and the cottage cheese offers nice texture. The gooey Monterey Jack cheese melted throughout will keep your guests or family coming back for more…maybe even thirds.
- 10 large eggs
- ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) Ortega fire roasted mild diced green chilies
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on medium-high speed with an electric mixer for 3 minutes or until light and lemon-colored. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and lemon pepper; gradually add to eggs and mix well. Add the cottage cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and melted butter. Blend until just combined and smooth, around 30 seconds. Stir in the green chilies.
- Pour into a greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until lightly brown on top and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
*You can even make them in mini muffin tins. Rebecca asked the question in the comments below and tried it out for a bridal shower she was hosting. She baked them at 350°F for 15 minutes. Thanks so much Rebecca, and here's the great picture she sent in below!
You have to try this breakfast with my favorite Golden Yunnan adagio tea...it's Amazing!
For another fantastic breakfast dish, please check out our Manliest Breakfast Burger!
Please Check Out our 22 Clever, FUN and Cool Kitchen Gadgets for Foodies that will make the perfect kitchen gifts! Most are priced under $15.