What’s not to love with this delicious Hot and Spicy Cheesebread Stuffing with Bacon! It is crunchy, salty, savory and sweet. A must try for the Holidays!
For Brandon and myself, the Thanksgiving holiday is all about family. It is a special, loving time to sit around the table with the people we cherish and partake of all the sensational dishes in front of us while giving thanks for everything we have in life. Aside from the star of the show, the turkey, my son also loves stuffing. I always make two different kinds for everyone. One of course is the traditional family favorite, Mom’s Andouille Sausage and Cranberry Stuffing, and then I like to have a new stuffing so that everyone can get excited over something fresh and different on the table.
I’m so very happy because I just found Brandon’s new favorite stuffing, Hot and Spicy Cheesebread Stuffing with Hickory Smoked Bacon!
I know that Brandon loves spicy, and I adore rich flavor, so the Hot and Spicy Cheesebread Stuffing with bacon seemed like a natural to try. First of all, this stuffing has something for everyone; with awesome bacon, cremini mushrooms and added cheddar cheese, it is pure lip-smacking goodness. You have got to try this; it is bursting with spicy, savory yumminess. And, anytime I can put a huge smile on my kids face, I know I have found something very special. Happy Holidays Everyone!
- 8-9 cups Stella’s Hot & Spicy Cheesy Bread, cut into 1-inch cubes*
- 1 (16 oz.) package Bacon
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 16 ounces cremini mushrooms, diced
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley, diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, finely diced
- 2-2½ cups Wisconsin cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Arrange bread cubes on rimmed baking sheet and toast until lightly golden and crispy, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Using large non-stick pan or skillet, cook bacon slices in batches until crispy, about 8 to 10 minutes, placing cooked bacon on paper towel lined plate. Crumble or chop bacon into bits.
- Discard some bacon fat, leaving about 2 tablespoons in pan. Turn heat up to medium high and sauté onions, celery and mushrooms until softened, stirring occasionally, about 7 to 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Using large mixing bowl, combine bread cubes, bacon bits, eggs, parsley, tarragon, freshly grated cheese and red pepper flakes. Mix to combine; add onion and mushroom mixture and mix. Transfer mixture to greased 9x12-inch baking dish and bake uncovered for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until browned on top and cooked through.
And here’s another fantastic stuffing…Mom’s Andouille Sausage and Cranberry Stuffing!
For some Thanksgiving fun, please check out our Chocolate Caramel Turkey Legs!