What’s not to love with this delicious Hot and Spicy Cheesebread Stuffing with Jones Bacon! It is crunchy, salty, savory and sweet. A must try for the Holidays!
For Brandon and myself, the Thanksgiving holiday is all about family. It is a special, loving time to sit around the table with the people we cherish and partake of all the sensational dishes in front of us while giving thanks for everything we have in life. Aside from the star of the show, the turkey, my son also loves stuffing. I always make two different kinds for everyone. One of course is the traditional family favorite, Mom’s Andouille Sausage and Cranberry Stuffing, and then I like to have a new stuffing so that everyone can get excited over something fresh and different on the table.
I’m so very happy because I just found Brandon’s new favorite stuffing! I recently discovered this great website for Jones Dairy Farm. They have all these new and different stuffing ideas. You have got to check it out! There is a Mushroom and Leek Stuffing Cake, Pizza Stuffing with Canadian bacon, Cinnamon Roll Stuffing with bacon and our new favorite, Hot and Spicy Cheesebread Stuffing with Jones Hickory Smoked Bacon! And that is just the beginning! There are many more innovative and delicious ideas at Stuffing and More.
While perusing the choices, I know that Brandon loves spicy, and I adore rich flavor, so the Hot and Spicy Cheesebread Stuffing with Jones bacon seemed like a natural to try. First of all, I have never tried Jones Dairy Farm Hickory Smoked Sliced Bacon before, and now I can see why their family has been in business since 1889. Their products are made with only premium ingredients and contain no fillers, binders, preservatives, allergens or MSG. Where other companies use artificial liquid smoke to impart flavor into their products, Jones Dairy Farm dry ages their bacon unlike anyone else. This process takes extra time, resulting in a subtly smoky, sweet flavor that’s totally authentic. It’s definitely a delicious difference you can taste! To find Jones Dairy Farm bacon in your area, click here for a store locator.
This stuffing has something for everyone; with the awesome bacon, cremini mushrooms and added cheddar cheese, it is pure lip-smacking goodness. You have got to try this; it is bursting with spicy, savory yumminess. And anytime I can put a huge smile on my kids face, I know I have found something very special. Happy Holidays Everyone!
- 8-9 cups Stella’s Hot & Spicy Cheesy Bread, cut into 1-inch cubes*
- 1 (16 oz.) package Jones Dairy Farm Dry Aged Bacon
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 16 ounces cremini mushrooms, diced
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley, diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, finely diced
- 2-2½ cups Wisconsin cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Arrange bread cubes on rimmed baking sheet and toast until lightly golden and crispy, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Using large non-stick pan or skillet, cook bacon slices in batches until crispy, about 8 to 10 minutes, placing cooked bacon on paper towel lined plate. Crumble or chop bacon into bits.
- Discard some bacon fat, leaving about 2 tablespoons in pan. Turn heat up to medium high and sauté onions, celery and mushrooms until softened, stirring occasionally, about 7 to 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Using large mixing bowl, combine bread cubes, bacon bits, eggs, parsley, tarragon, freshly grated cheese and red pepper flakes. Mix to combine; add onion and mushroom mixture and mix. Transfer mixture to greased 9x12-inch baking dish and bake uncovered for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until browned on top and cooked through.
To get other great stuffing recipes, please visit Stuffingandmore.com
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post with Jones Dairy Farm. We received complimentary products to facilitate our review. We loved and appreciated trying out the Jones Dairy Farm samples. Thank you for supporting the brands that we adore which make Culinary Envy possible. All text and opinions are 100% our own.