Ghostly Pumpkin Parfaits have three luscious layers of spiced pumpkin pudding, honey coconut granola, and sweet whip cream. Plus a Cool Whip Ghost to top it off. Fun to make, cute to serve!
Don’t you just love it when someone hands you a dessert that was created especially for BOO You! I think that everybody loves to have his or her own little sweet. Fall is the perfect time for making seasonal fun favorites. With jack-o’-lanterns appearing everywhere, it is hard not to crave something pumpkin.
I cannot resist making these darling Ghostly Pumpkin Parfaits. It is the perfect fall dessert. The layers consist of velvety pumpkin spice pudding, honey coconut granola and of course, sweet whipped cream. And let’s not forget the adorable Cool Whip ghost with the candy eyes on top! It tastes smooth, crunchy, chewy, and a little salty-sweet.
This is the easiest recipe to prepare since you use Jell-O instant Pumpkin Spice Pudding mix. I have only seen this flavor available during the fall season, so you should make this recipe before your pumpkins frost. I also enhanced some granola bars from Trader Joe’s, but you can use any granola you have on hand. This is such a fun dessert to make!
It is very rewarding to see the kid’s adorable faces when you set them on the table. Their little faces light up with glee. I am confident that Halloween Pumpkin Parfaits are sure to be a hit in your home as well. And don’t forget to personalize them by printing out the free downloadable label for the dessert. Your little ghost and goblins will thank you!
- 12 Trader Joes Crunchy Oats & Honey Granola Bars
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 box (3.4oz) Jello-O Instant Pumpkin Spice Pudding & Pie Filling
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 tub (8oz) Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed
- 1 plastic press and seal sandwich bag
- 1 package (.88oz) Wilton Candy Eyeballs
- Preheat oven to 350° and coat your baking sheet with a non-stick cooking spray. In a bowl, crumble the granola bars into bite size pieces. Combine the granola with the honey, coconut and cinnamon.
- Spread evenly on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or a little longer, stirring occasionally. The mixture should brown evenly. Set aside.
- In the meantime, combine the pudding mix and milk in a bowl and prepare according to package directions. Cover and refrigerate.
- To make the Cool Whip Ghosts, line a cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper. Add Cool Whip to a “press and seal” sandwich bag. With scissors, snip about a ½ inch diagonal off of one corner. Squeeze the bag and pipe the Cool Whip onto the lined cookie sheet. Freeze for 10 minutes and then add the eyes to each. Freeze until ready to use.
- To assemble the parfaits, place a layer of pudding in the bottom of each glass, followed by a layer of granola, then Cool Whip. Add another layer of pudding and granola. Remove the ghosts with a spatula and place on top of each dessert. Download the Made Just For BOO printable and Enjoy!
And check out our other seasonal goodies….like our Chocolate Ghost Pretzels, Halloween Candy Bark, Candy Corn Oreo Cookies, Triple Chocolate Diablo Cookies or Chocolate Cupcakes with Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling to name a few!