GameDay Cheese Dip is enticingly bold, creamy, spicy, and cheesy with just the right amount of smoke. This completely addictive and easy recipe is perfect for tailgating at home or at the game!
I love the Fall and getting together for Football GameDay Parties. Whether it is High School, College or the NFL, I’m all in. I especially love it when the women are in the kitchen gabbing and the men are watching the game on the big screen.
At one such party, I was asked to bring a dip. I don’t know about you, but I can usually take or leave dips at a party. I’d rather go for the chicken wings, Garlic Bread or Tri-Tip Sliders ( I so sound like a dude right now). Thankfully my friend Sharon helped me out and I have an incredible GameDay Dip recipe for you! This is the dip that everyone is going to go CRAZY for. I suggest you double it for a larger crowd because it will be gone before halftime.
Sharon kept talking about Bandera Restaurant in Los Angeles and their Appetizer Duo Dip. They offer a duet of cheese dip and guacamole with tortilla chips. She kept raving about this dip, so when I came to town, we decided to go.
Well, I love guacamole, but I can see why Sharon ordered 2 scoops of cheese dip instead. This GameDay Dip is ridiculously good! It is cheesy, creamy, with a slight smoky flavor and just the right amount of heat. It goes fantastic with tortilla chips. It is a one bowl stir and chill dip that can be easily made ahead. I can’t tell you how excited I am to give you this recipe. Man oh Man, this is the one to take to Football Parties because it is not the typical dip recipe. The guys are going to devour it…and who knows, they might even forget about the game for a minute.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon Lawry’s Seasoning Salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons yellow onion, grated
- 3 green onions, diced
- 2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, finely diced
- 3 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and very finely diced
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from canned chipotle peppers, or to taste
- Combine in a large bowl the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Lawry’s Seasoning Salt, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, grated onion and green onions until smooth.
- Add finely diced chipotle peppers and red bell pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Add cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese, diced jalapeno and adobo sauce. Add additional adobo sauce for more smoke and heat, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving chilled. Enjoy!
For another fantastic dip, please try our Disney Dipping Sauce, Mango Cream Cheese Bean Dip or Jalapeno Lime Dip to name a few!