This decadent creamy Frozen Lemonade Pie with Berries is the perfect dessert for a refreshingly sweet and tart summertime treat!
Growing up, my family was fortunate enough to have friends that lived year round in Palm Springs, California. On their complex (it was acres big) it included a beautiful 5000 sq. foot family home, a 4 bedroom guesthouse, tons of large palm trees, a putting green, a swimming pool, a golf cart, mini-bikes, a shuffleboard court, tons of fun games to play, a state-of-the-art outdoor sound system and another big cabana that housed a sauna, beautifully furnished bar area and huge Jacuzzi hot tubs. Luckily, they were gracious enough to share their guesthouse with us whenever we wanted to get away. It was like having our own private Spa Retreat!
I have very fond memories of those days gone by! We would usually vacation there 3-4 times a year. I can remember having the Best Easter Egg Hunts there! Whenever we would go during the summer (there was some extreme heat in the dessert), I would always make this refreshing Frozen Lemonade Pie with Berries for a fantastic chilled dessert during those hot seasonal days.
This quick, easy and inexpensive summertime dessert will satisfy any sweet tooth. It is creamy and has a definite bright lemonade flavor. It pairs perfectly with fresh summer berries, which provides a nice tart contrast to the sweet frozen pie. This delightful treat would cool my family down immediately.
Now, on the days when it reached a sweltering 105°, I would go the “No-Bake” route and ditch the oven by purchasing a pre-made graham cracker crust. And, you can make it even easier on yourself by scrapping the hand mixer and pick up a 12 ounce whipped topping (thawed) instead of beating heavy whipping cream. I mean, come on, a girl has to have options when the heat has zapped all of your energy!
So, I hope you will try this delicious, chilled, super refreshing Frozen Lemonade Pie with Berries after one of your summer meals. It is the perfect frosty treat no matter where you live!
- For the Crust:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- For the Filling:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk, chilled
- 1 (6 oz) can frozen lemonade concentrate (do not thaw)
- For the Topping:
- ½ cup blackberries
- ½ cup raspberries
- 1 cup strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place a medium size bowl in the refrigerator to get cold.
- In another medium sized bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Press the mixture firmly on the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake in the oven for 7 minutes, cool completely and set aside.
- In the cold medium bowl, whip the heavy cream with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form. In another bowl, stir together the chilled condensed milk and frozen lemonade. Gently fold the lemonade mixture into the whipped cream. Pour the filling into the crust and freeze overnight.
- About an hour before you are ready to serve the pie, in a medium bowl toss the berries with the sugar and lemon juice. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Let the pie come to room temperature for 10 minutes before cutting. Top each slice with the berries and Enjoy!
Please check out these FANTASTIC Summer Recipes, Decorations and Entertaining Ideas!