Delicious and simple, this Easy One Pan Chicken Broccoli Bake is cheesy, comforting and it’s made in one skillet. It’s the “everything in one recipe” casserole that will have them coming back for more!
Everybody has an Easy One Pan Chicken Broccoli Bake in their family recipe box. It’s the tried and true, delicious, dependable dinner casserole that is quickly thrown together and turns out perfect every time. Well, here is one of our family favorites. It has juicy chicken pieces, white rice, fresh broccoli, onion, gooey cheese and a good ole can of mushroom soup. It is absolutely delicious and something I know your family will love!
This recipe was one of my Nana’s favorites. She always had the best recipes and this Easy One Pan Chicken Broccoli Bake is no exception. It’s the one casserole we would always request when we went to visit her. This recipe is so creamy, flavorful and extremely comforting. The flavors meld so perfectly together. And, I particularly appreciate that it all cooks together in one pan. I love dinners that don’t require tons of dirty dishes afterwards, because aside from being the Cook, I am also the Chief Bottle Washer at my house. Lucky Me.
So, if you love stress-free cooking like I do, please give this Easy One Pan Chicken Broccoli Bake a try. I guarantee this dish is perfect for you. It’s a real crowd pleaser and the fact that it’s so easy to prepare is just a bonus. I’m sure it will become a family favorite recipe for you too!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups broccoli florets, roughly chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup raw rice (I used Basmati)
- 1 can (10 oz) cream of mushroom soup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 full sleeve Ritz crackers, finely crushed
- ½ cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat olive oil in alarge oven proof skillet on medium heat. Add chopped onion, garlic, broccoli and cubed chicken. Cook for several minutes until chicken starts to brown. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add rice, cream of mushroom soup, eggs, mayonnaise, Worcestershire, garlic powder, chicken broth and 1 cup of the cheese. Stir well. Sprinkle the other ½ cup cheese over the top of the casserole. In a Ziploc bag, combine the Ritz crackers and melted butter. Sprinkle over the top of the casserole. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until cheese is melted and the top is golden.
For another great family dinner, please try our Zesty Taco Casserole!