Dijon Lemon Pepper Potato Salad is really simple to make; beyond comparison when it comes to flavor. With dijon mustard , lemon juice and Chimichurri Pesto.
With all of the cooking that I have done over the years, one of the dishes I never made from scratch was Potato Salad. Why? Well, it was available everywhere, sitting there ready and waiting at each grocery store. It seemed that every summer party I attended, there was the familiar potato salad in the clear plastic container….
I guess I thought since nobody seemed to be making it from scratch, it was probably close to homemade, so why bother….
Boy was I mistaken! The first time I decided to make Potato Salad at home…I couldn’t believe the HUGE difference in taste. Wow, it was Amazingly Flavorful! It didn’t look like mushy potatoes with gobs of mayonnaise either. I really should have known better…my bad!
Not only is Dijon Lemon Pepper Potato Salad really simple to make, it is beyond comparison when it comes to flavor. The dijon mustard , lemon juice and Chimichurri Pesto combination is an explosion in your mouth.
Please give it a try, you won’t be sorry. Oh, and the next time you are at the grocery store and reach for the clear plastic container …..Don’t!
- 1 bag (24 ounce) small yukon gold potatoes
- 2 whole lemons, juiced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons Chimichurri Pesto Sauce or any prepared pesto sauce
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- Boil potatoes for 15-20 minutes in lightly salted water (1 teaspoon salt) until fork tender. Drain and cut in fourths. Place in a bowl.
- Mix together the lemon juice, olive oil, mayonnaise, minced garlic, onion powder, salt, pepper, Chimichurri Pesto and dried parsley until creamy and smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the potatoes and toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate the potato salad for several hours.