These simple delicious Crispy Ground Turkey Tostadas are made with lots of taco spices, ground turkey and tasty nutritious vegetables. It’s the freshest tasting and flavorful Tex Mex you’ll ever try!
So, I have to tell you. I’ve tried tons of tostadas before. Small ones that tasted like cardboard with shredded lettuce and big ones that took 2 servers to deliver. But, finally, this recipe is SO good, I have made it twice during the month (and I never do that)! These simple Crispy Ground Turkey Tostadas taste so fresh and delicious, you will be craving them weekly too.
First of all, the ground turkey is ridiculously flavorful and moist (which is fantastic because this meat can get dry on you). Then, the red onion pickled with lime juice adds the perfect, tangy, citrus zest to the dish. And don’t get me started on the homemade guacamole with the sautéed vegetables, which add the perfect savory crunch.
Then you have the fresh cilantro, mellow cheese and lime crema, which top it off impeccably. Oh wait, the crispy star of the show. How could I forget that? These tortillas are baked in the oven for the perfect toasty crunchiness. I’m not kidding you; this little tostada is SO very special! Won’t you please give this marvelous Mexican dish a try this weekend; you will not be disappointed. I promise that this Crispy Ground Turkey Tostadas is the greatest Tex Mex recipe that your whole family will adore! “Olé”!
- 2 Limes
- 1 Red Onion
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- 6 Cilantro Sprigs
- 1 poblano pepper, core, remove seeds and white ribs
- 1 Chayote, peeled, halved and remove seeds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 6 small flour or corn tortillas
- 1¼ pounds ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup guacamole
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Zest the limes and put into a very small bowl separately, then halve and juice the limes into another small bowl.
- Peel and halve the red onion and then thinly slice each half and add it to another small bowl.
- Take 1 teaspoon of the lime juice and stir into the crema or sour cream. Set aside. Add the rest of the lime juice to the onions and stir in ¼ teaspoon salt. Stir and set aside for topping later (let onions marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes).
- Mince the cilantro leaves and stems, and set aside. Chop the poblano pepper and the chayote into small ½” dice.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add the vegetables and stir-fry for 10 minutes, stirring constantly until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, coat tortillas on both sides with cooking spray. Place the tortillas on a large baking sheet. Bake, turning once, until crisped and lightly brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- To the browned vegetables, add half the cilantro, the lime zest, ¼ teaspoon salt and onion powder. Pour the mixture into a bowl and set aside. In the same frying pan, add 1 tablespoon oil and the ground turkey. Cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally until browned. Stir in the taco seasoning, the chili powder and the water. Cook for another 4 minutes until the water has evaporated.
- To assemble tostadas, spread each crisped tortilla with some of the guacamole, and then top with vegetables, ground turkey, cheese, pickled onions, lime crema and remaining cilantro.
For other yummy Mexican food, please try our Parmesan Street Tacos, Ultimate Taco Take 1, Family Style Mexican Beef Tostadas or Cheesy Beef Burrito to name a few!