This Coffee Waffle Cone combines an espresso drink and a chocolate covered waffle cone into a fun dessert that the whole family will love! Fill it with chocolate milk for the kids. What a fun way to eat and drink dessert at the same time!
I mean, Come On, who wouldn’t love this “little darling” after dinner? When I first saw this Coffee Waffle Cone, I just had to try it myself. Not only is it ridiculously easy, it’s quite tasty too!
I just love the idea of combining my coffee and dessert. How fun is that? There’s just something about edible vessels that intrigue me. Who wouldn’t love nibbling on a chocolate covered waffle cone after finishing their latte? It’s like having waffle cookies laced with mocha chocolate! This delectable sweet definitely combines three of my favorite things, coffee, ice cream waffle cones and chocolate!
This “cute little number” only needs a couple of ingredients to make it drink-worthy. You can pick up the waffles cones at your local ice cream or grocery store, and then paint the melted chocolate/coconut oil mixture inside a few times, while it chills in the refrigerator in between coats. You should drink your coffee within 10 minutes though, unless you like to live dangerously. Either way, you’re in for a sweet surprise!
- 6 Waffle Cones
- 1 (12 oz) bag of chocolate chips
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup rainbow sprinkles, if desired
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together, stirring frequently until smooth.
- Using a teaspoon, pour a small amount of melted chocolate into the cone. Swirl the cone so that the chocolate coats the inside. Repeat until the inside of the cone is completely covered.
- Pour the rainbow sprinkles onto a small plate. Turn the cone upside down and dip the rim in chocolate and then dip in sprinkles, if desired.
- Place cones right side up in drinking glasses and set in the refrigerator to chill for 10 minutes. Repeat with another layer of chocolate inside and refrigerate for another 10 minutes.
- Add your favorite coffee or espresso drink and enjoy!
And for other great Desserts, please try our Frosted Coffee Nibbles, Iced Ginger Cookies, Can’t Wait Microwave Lava Cake or Marbled Chocolate Covered Strawberries to name a few!