This delicious and easy breakfast Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake recipe includes incredibly moist, buttery and rich golden cake and layers of scrumptious brown-sugar cinnamon pecan streusel topping. It is a huge crowd pleaser!
Every other summer my parents would take my younger brother and me to Lake Tahoe, Nevada (or should I say Lake Tahoe, California). I always loved the fact that this delightful vacation destination straddled the state line between two states. If you haven’t heard of Tahoe, it’s a major tourist attraction and home to winter sports, summer outdoor recreation and incredible forest scenery enjoyed throughout the year. It boosts the largest freshwater alpine lake in North America.
One of my favorite things to do with my Dad was to go crawdad fishing. We would “catch and release” these little darlings by tying a cube of cheese onto the end of a string. I would get such a thrill out of nabbing one. Then afterwards, we would go to this little café in Kings Beach and have the best hot chocolate and Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake in the world. It was the most incredibly moist, buttery and rich golden cake! I just could not get enough. I would beg the owner for the recipe every time we visited. She finally relinquished the coveted family favorite and told me to always make it with a pinch of love. Ahhhh!
Luckily, this Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake is very easy to make (since I was still pretty young when she gave it to me). It’s perfect for breakfast, dessert, showers and holiday celebrations. The best part is the two layers of extra yummy brown-sugar cinnamon pecan streusel topping. You get the slight crunch from the nuts and then the amazing wallop of gooey streusel flavor. It truly is the greatest recipe for coffee cake out there (even the “adult me” agrees)!
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9x13” pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla and milk. Sift in the sugar, 3 cups flour, baking powder, ½ teaspoon cinnamon and salt. Stir just until combined. Place half of the batter into the pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, prepare streusel by combining the brown sugar, cinnamon, 1 tablespoon flour, 2 tablespoons butter and pecans. Sprinkle half of the streusel mixture over the batter in the pan. Top with remaining batter and then place remaining streusel on top. Drizzle with ½ cup melted butter. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes.
For another fantastic breakfast idea, please try our Manliest Breakfast Burger, Skillet Breakfast Pizza, Skillet Puffy Pancake or Sheet Pan Blueberry Muffin Tops to name a few!