Chorizo Breakfast Tacos with Potato Hash and Eggs stuffed into a warm corn tortilla and topped with cheddar cheese and salsa makes an irresistible breakfast anytime of day!
These extremely flavorful Chorizo Breakfast Tacos with Potato Hash and Eggs are perfect for your family if you’re looking for something a little bit different. It’s deliciously simple and has BIG flavor, without being spicy. This is a zippy, fun breakfast when you don’t want to spend a lot of time or money!
The best part about this morning meal, is that the preparation is so quick and easy. Simply bake the potatoes the day before at 425°F for 50 minutes and then refrigerate after chopping it up into chunks. The next morning, cook the chorizo on one side of the pan and crisp up the hearty potato hash (potatoes and onions) on the other half. Scramble up some eggs and you’re ready to assemble.
The taste of these Chorizo Breakfast Tacos with Potato Hash and Eggs is outstanding! The chorizo is a pork sausage that is a little salty/sweet with a smoked paprika, bacon and pepper flavor. It is mellowed by the fluffy, soft scrambled eggs and creamy cheddar cheese. Then, you get a little crispy crunch from the hearty potato and onion mixture. Top it off with fragrant cilantro and your favorite salsa and you’re ready to go. Everyone is going to love it! I mean, tacos can be eaten any time of day, so why not start with breakfast? Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 potatoes, baked and then chopped
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Onion powder
- 7 oz fresh pork chorizo sausage, casings removed if needed
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 6 small corn tortillas, warmed or grilled
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Hot sauce or salsa
- In a large nonstick frying pan over medium high heat, add the oil and heat until shimmering. Add the potatoes, onion, garlic powder and onion powder to one side of the pan. Salt and pepper, if needed. Add the chorizo sausage to the other side and sauté until cooked through, breaking up with the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes. Turn over the potatoes after a couple of minutes so they get brown on both sides.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, milk, 1 tablespoon of cilantro and season with a little salt and pepper. Reduce the heat of the frying pan to medium low and add the egg mixture. Stir the eggs until they are very softly set, about 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
- To assemble the tacos, take the heated tortillas and divide the egg, chorizo and potato mixture among them. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro, and then add the cheese and salsa on top.
Check out these FANTASTIC Summer Recipes, Decorations and Entertaining Ideas!