This decadently easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread starts with a cake mix, some bananas and yummy peanut butter chips! It doesn’t get any simpler or more delicious than that! Plus, there’s a little something different you can do with the leftovers!
My friend Sharon called me about these two recipes she saw on Food Network’s The Kitchen and said that I had to try them. You make one recipe, and then use the leftovers to make the other. OK, so I watched the episode and knew that I had to make both of them! The first one was for Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread that was made from a cake mix. I mean, how simple is that? It sounded very intriguing because I usually make everything from scratch. Well, I have to tell you, Oh My Goodness, this recipe makes the moistest, most flavorful banana bread that I have tried since my own Blender Banana Bread! However, it’s chocolate flavored and has peanut butter chips everyone! Yeah, it’s so nice to have options!
Then, there was this other recipe on the same episode, where they took the slices of this banana bread, cut them in half horizontally and baked them low & slow to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Biscotti out of them!!!! They were absolutely incredible too! Actually, they are completely addicting and everyone on the show thought they were even better than the banana bread. But, I will let you be the judge of that!
The best part about this Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread recipe is it makes 2 loaves. So, you can enjoy one as is, and designate the other one for biscotti. Both of these recipes are perfect for a quick dessert or a snack on the go. They’re perfect with tea or dunking in coffee. So please give each of these recipes a try, you’ll see they’re pure chocolate heaven!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray two 9-by-5-inch loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the cake mix, oil, eggs, mashed bananas and water in a large bowl and mix with a hand mixer or whisk until well blended, about 2 minutes. Gently fold in the peanut butter chips. Evenly divide the batter between the 2 prepared loaf pans.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then remove and let finish cooling on a cooling rack.
- For the peanut butter glaze: Combine the confectioners' sugar, peanut butter and half and half in a bowl and whisk until smooth. It should be about as thick as pancake batter; if it's too thick, just add a little more cream.
- Pour some of the glaze over each loaf and let set for about 10 minutes. Slice and serve.
Check out this AMAZING Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Biscotti recipe you can make from the leftovers!