Chocolate Cupcakes with Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling are a delicious combination of rich, moist chocolate cake and a creamy pumpkin smoothness inside.
I don’t know if you are like me, but I still have recipes written back when I was a child. I started cooking and baking at a very young age. I especially loved to make desserts. I won’t say how long ago that was, but dinosaurs were not roaming the earth. This Chocolate Cupcake with Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling recipe is something I would make every September, October and November. I felt so grown up because I was making the cake batter from scratch. It is very simple to make and turns out scrumptious every time. The rich, moist cupcakes are amazingly chocolaty with a creamy pumpkin flavored cheesecake inside. Then, you get a tiny chocolate chip morsel and it is absolutely decadent. Your little goblins will love these around Halloween time. And who knows, it might inspire them to start writing their own recipes.
P.S. With the leftover pumpkin puree, try our Spiced Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Loaf.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, bring to room temperature
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons 100% pure pumpkin
- 6 drops yellow food coloring (if desired)
- 3 drops red food coloring (if desired)
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus a few more for the top
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350° and line muffin tins with paper cups or lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat the room temperature cream cheese, egg, sugar, salt, pumpkin and food coloring drops until thoroughly mixed together and there aren’t any big lumps. Stir in the chocolate chips and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt with a whisk until blended. Add the water, oil, vinegar and vanilla and mix together until blended, about 1 minute. Do not overbeat.
- Fill muffin tins ½ full with the chocolate cake batter and top with a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
And check out our other seasonal goodies….like our Halloween Candy Bark, Candy Corn Oreo Cookies, Ghostly Pumpkin Parfaits or Triple Chocolate Diablo Cookies to name a few!