This Cherry Pecan Baked Oatmeal is filled with wholesome oats, studded with chopped roasted pecans and lightly sweetened with dried cherries and brown sugar. It is a warm, satisfying heart-healthy breakfast your family will love.
When it comes to eating oatmeal for breakfast, sometimes I think it’s a good idea to mix it up every now and then. This recipe for Cherry Pecan Baked Oatmeal is a traditional and comforting Amish breakfast casserole that will quickly become a family go-to favorite. It is the perfect make ahead breakfast for a slow Sunday morning. This recipe also makes great weekday breakfast leftovers. It’s so easy to throw together and will give you lots of healthy, delicious energy to start your day off right.
This mouthwatering baked oatmeal has a delicious crusty exterior and a soft, creamy, chewy interior. It’s loaded with crunchy roasted pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon, so it tastes like an oatmeal cookie warm from the oven! Then you have the lightly sweet-tart dried cherries to make it the perfect hearty combination. Some people drizzle the top with melted butter, maple syrup, whip cream, honey or warm milk. It is definitely a requested recipe from everyone who tries it. So why not give yourself a big warm hug and try this scrumptious Cherry Pecan Baked Oatmeal this weekend. Your family will be so glad you did!
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup melted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup dried cherries
- ½ cup toasted pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9”x13” baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the rolled oats, brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt until well combined. Make sure you get out all the lumps.
- Beat in the milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Stir in the dried cherries and toasted pecans. Spread into the baking dish and bake for 40 minutes.
For another GREAT breakfast idea, please try our Skillet Puffy Pancake or Chicken and Waffle Crisps!