This Cheesy Beef Burrito has the World’s BEST simmered stew meat you’ll ever taste! Add some gooey cheese, Spanish rice, refried black beans, crisp lettuce and other yummy toppings to make this delicious dish a family staple! You’re Gonna LOVE it!
I think I could eat Mexican food each and every week. It’s just so tasty and comforting. Especially this Cheesy Beef Burrito, which is a whole lot of love wrapped up in a yummy flour tortilla blanket.
The best part about this Cheesy Beef burrito is that the whole family can get in on the festivities. Even little kids can participate in the fun by making their own “lip-smacking good” tiny burrito. All you have to do is set out all the fresh ingredients and let everyone “go to town” filling it up. They’re so enjoyable to make and extremely delicious to eat!
But, let’s talk about the big star of the meal. The beef! I recently made my Family Style Mexican Beef Tostadas and I have to tell you that I absolutely LOVE the meat from this recipe. I have used this leftover meat (if there ever is any leftover) for a beef and rice bowl, tacos or my current favorite, this Cheesy Beef Burrito. Once you have the meat finished (it does simmer for 4 hours, so you can set it and forget it early in the day), everything else is so easy to prep and serve. Grab some cheese, a little crisp lettuce, chop up some onions and tomato, and then make your favorite Spanish rice. If I have beans leftover from my Tostada recipe, throw some of them in also. And get ready for the compliments, because the taste is Perfecto! Seriously, the meat is so tender and flavorful; I could eat it every week. Which brings me back to my original statement… I think I could eat Mexican food each and every week. Enjoy!
- 1 stew beef recipe from my Family Style Mexican Beef Tostadas (you’ll thank me)
- 4 large flour tortillas
- ⅔ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 cup white, brown or Spanish rice, cooked
- 1 can refried black beans, warmed
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup loosely packed romaine lettuce, shredded
- 3 green onions, diced
- ½ cup sour cream
- Cook meat according to these instructions here. It needs to simmer 4 hours.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds and place on a plate. Spoon meat mixture down centers of tortillas; top with remaining ingredients.
- Fold in opposite sides of each tortilla, and then roll up burrito-style.
For other Fantastic Mexican dishes, please try our Mexican Ranchero Breakfast, Mexican Caesar Salad, Zesty Taco Casserole, Ultimate Taco Take 1, Touchdown Taco Dip or the Unconventional Taco to name a few!