Cheesy Bacon Sausage Egg Hash Brown Skillet is a scrumptious, easy breakfast skillet loaded with crispy bacon, smoked sausage, caramelized onions, crispy hash browns, gooey cheese and creamy eggs! Your family is going to love it!
Do you ever get tired of the same old thing for breakfast? I know that I do. So, in an effort to step it up a notch from the typical fried eggs and bacon, why not give this easy Cheesy Bacon Sausage Egg Hash Brown Skillet a try! But first…a recent sad story.
I don’t know about you, but I personally think of my pets as family. So when my son’s super-friendly chocolate Labrador “Buster” went up to another dog to play and that canine bites part of Buster’s ear off, I immediately get shaken (OK, I was completely in shock)! Apparently dog’s ears bleed a lot, so it was not a pretty site. Buster had to be taken to the Animal Emergency Hospital and he never cried once; he’s such a happy dog. The poor little guy gets “Mike Tyson’d” and doesn’t utter a whimper. Unfortunately, the next day we had to remove his bandage and after one shake of the head, the whole thing opened up and we had to start all over again. Oh gosh, it is tough when animals are hurt!
So, what does this episode have to do with Breakfast? Well, since this occurred at 11:30pm and we finally left the hospital at 4am, in between they suggested we leave, since it was going to be several hours. There is not a lot open at 2am, except for good ole’ IHOP. So, of course it had me thinking about making my own skillet breakfast at home. How’s that for a seamless transition…I’m getting better at this (please don’t laugh, I’ve been traumatized recently).
Anyway, back to my yummy, comforting, Cheesy Bacon Sausage Egg Hash Brown Skillet meal that took all of “my” pain away! This super simple Skillet is everything I love for breakfast cooked in one pan and can be served at the table. I love all the cheesy goodness, savory sausage & onions, salty bacon and crunchy hash browns. It is the perfect combination of flavors! It’s an uplifting, delicious and filling breakfast that the whole family will enjoy!
So please give this easy to make Cheesy Bacon Sausage Egg Hash Brown Skillet breakfast a try. I promise, it makes everything a little brighter, especially when you need a little soothing in your life!
And, please check out more of Buster’s Shenanigans:
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 smoked sausage (I used smoked pineapple & bacon chicken precooked sausage)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 2½ cups frozen hash browns, thawed
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Garnish with 2 green onions, thinly sliced, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a 10-inch skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to a paper towel lined small bowl. Carefully remove half of the bacon fat using a spoon.
- Cut sausage into slices and brown in the same skillet on both sides. Remove to the same bowl.
- Add oil and butter to the same skillet, and then add onions and hash browns. Sprinkle the garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper over the top and stir together for 1 minute. Spread out the hash browns and let cook for 5 minutes without stirring. Turn the hash browns over and sprinkle the cheddar cheese evenly over the top.
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together the eggs, milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over the top of the cheese. Sprinkle the bacon and sausage pieces over the top. Place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean, top is puffed and the cheese is melted. Remove from oven and top with green onions, if desired.
Check out these FANTASTIC Summer Recipes, Decorations and Entertaining Ideas!