This quick and easy Brownie Fruit Pizza starts with a brownie mix. It is rich chocolate with a cream cheese frosting and plenty of fresh summer fruits.
I love desserts! Especially in the summertime when there is a bounty of lovely, fresh fruit available…OK, you caught me. I also love dessert in the winter, fall and springtime. I just need a “little something sweet” after my evening meal. And then other times, I need a whole slice of a “little something sweet”. And I think you will too, once you taste this Brownie Fruit Pizza.
I have never met a brownie I didn’t like. This recipe is one of Brandon’s favorite chocolate desserts. I would make this for company during the summer, so it just means “happiness” to me. It is rich, decadent, and fudgy chocolate, with a delightful cream cheese frosting, topped off with raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, bananas, pineapple and kiwi.
This dessert is a real showstopper, and yet it is so easy to put together. You just prepare the brownie mix and spread it out on a cookie sheet. The nice thing is that you can decorate it before the party, and watch the “ohhs” and “awws” as you bring it out after dinner. Or, you can have the children help you out. Frost the brownie ahead of time and slice the fruit, then let the kids decorate it for you. Now I can’t guarantee it will come out looking like the one adults do, but that’s part of the fun. Brownie Fruit Pizza is absolutely amazing and you must try it! Especially when you feel like a “little something sweet”.
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (8-inch square pan size)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¾ cup crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 1 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup fresh blackberries
- ¼ cup fresh raspberries
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions. Spread batter out in a circle onto a greased pizza pan or cookie sheet (you can use a silpat liner instead). Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice for later, and squeeze as much juice as you can out of pineapple. Add pineapple to the cream cheese mixture. Spread over brownie crust.
- Toss banana slices in the pineapple juice; drain well. Arrange all the fruit on top of the cream cheese layer. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
Check out these FANTASTIC Summer Recipes, Decorations and Entertaining Ideas!