These Brown Sugar Cinnamon Sweet Rolls are loaded with cinnamon butter brown sugar and covered in a brown sugar glaze. But surprisingly enough, they are not that sweet!
These Brown Sugar Cinnamon Sweet Rolls (or Conjured Mana Buns) are one of the latest recipes from the new World of Warcraft: The Official Cookbook that just came out. My son could hardly wait to get this cookbook so we could immediately decide which recipes to try.
This authorized cookbook is a delicious collection of recipes inspired by the hit online game from Blizzard Entertainment. To say that “Gamers” love to play this massively multiplayer online role-playing game is an understatement. In January 2014, Blizzard announced that more than 100 million accounts had been created over the game’s lifetime, which started in 1994.
“WOW” (World of Warcraft) players are going to love making these tasty Brown Sugar Cinnamon Sweet Rolls, aka “Conjured Mana Buns” delicacies. These delights are nutty, soft morsels, but neither the glaze nor the filling is overly sweet. They’re a little denser than normal cinnamon rolls, so they’re guaranteed to fill you up. It’s the perfect snack to have while taking a break from playing online, or anytime.
By the way, we are not getting paid anything for this review; it is strictly our own opinion. But, we have to tell you, the illustrations are amazing, and the recipes look fantastic. You may want to check out the book for some of these fabulous treats, like Winter Veil Roast, Mulgore Spice Bread, Dragonbreath Chili or Sugar Dusted Choux Twists. This cookbook would make the perfect Gift for anyone who plays the game.
So, why don’t you conjure up some scrumptious Brown Sugar Cinnamon Sweet Rolls this weekend? Your “Gamer” is going to love them!
- ¾ cup milk, warmed (to instant yeast package directions)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4½ cups all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup walnuts, finely chopped, plus more for sprinkling on top
- Brown Sugar Glaze
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ cup heavy cream, plus more if needed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Dash of vanilla
- In a large bowl, combine the warm milk and the brown sugar, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Add the yeast, then the butter and egg, stirring to combine. Add in the salt, and then gradually add in the flour, until you have a workable dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until the dough until it bounces back when poked, under 5 minutes. Place in a lightly greased bowl, cover, and allow to rise in a warm spot until doubled in size, about an hour.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling by creaming all the dry ingredients with the butter and nuts, then set aside.
- Butter two muffin tins and set aside. When the dough has risen, roll it out on a lightly floured surface to a large rectangle, roughly 24” x 12”. Spread the filling over the top. Starting with the long edge, begin rolling the dough into a tight tube. Using a sharp knife, slice the roll every inch or so, and place the one bun in each muffin space in the prepared tins (should have 24). Cover and allow to rise again for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake the buns for 15 to 20 minute, until the tops are golden brown. While they are baking, prepare the glaze.
- Melt the brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, and then stir in the flour until there are no lumps. Pour the cream in and stir until you have a creamy smooth consistency. Remove from the heat and add in the butter and vanilla.
- When the buns are done, remove them from the oven and while still warm, move them from the pans to a cooling rack. Spoon the glaze over the top of each bun. Sprinkle with extra nuts and enjoy!
For other favorite breakfast treats, please try our Double Chocolate Banana Monkey Bread or our Zesty Orange Faraway Muffin!