Not just another banana bread recipe. Rich, soft, extra moist with tons of banana flavor that make this Blender Banana Bread the most decadent ever.
I think I have tried 50 different Banana Bread recipes in my lifetime. I kept searching for the perfect one. When I found this recipe my search was finally over.
Since I always have overripe bananas on hand, Blender Banana Bread is the perfect solution. After all, I don’t want to be wasteful. Oh I know, I could freeze the yellow darlings for smoothies, but I like this idea a whole lot better!
This banana bread is also very easy to prepare. The original recipe I found asked you to whisk the eggs and sugar by hand for 10 minutes. But for someone with carpal tunnel in both hands, that was not an option. So I tossed them into the blender. While they were whirring away, I went ahead and finished up the rest of the recipe. It took no time to come together and the results were amazing! I just love the moist banana flavor. For a nice change I add chocolate chips to the batter and that is wonderful too. Please do me a favor and give your hands a rest and make this Blender Banana Bread today. It’s just the right thing to do. Oh, and for leftover lemons, see my Iced Lemon Poppy Seed Scones!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 bananas, ripe, mashed-divided
- 1⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line the bottom of a loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a blender put in the eggs first, and then add the sugar. Blend for 10 minutes on low speed. It should be light, fluffy and a light lemon color (whisk if you don’t have a blender). Drizzle in oil, sour cream, and vanilla. Add in one banana and blend until combined.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add in the other mashed bananas and nuts; gently combine. Fold in the blender mixture and gently stir all the ingredients together. Do not over mix.
- Pour into the loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Enjoy!
For other great morning bread, please try our Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread, Spiced Apple Bread or Spiced Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Loaf to name a few!