This delicious Best Ever Tuna Salad Sandwich is tangy, slightly sweet and creamy with a totally surprising ingredient! You are going to love it!
Everybody needs a great tuna salad recipe in his or her collection. Well, look no further because everyone who tries this recipe says it is the best they’ve ever tasted. I think it’s because of the surprise cheese component. I was astonished when a friend first served this sandwich to me many years ago. “What? What are you doing with that shredded cheddar?” But after trying it, I will never go back to the old way of making it. It is absolutely AMAZING!
The Best Ever Tuna Salad is a fast, delicious meal that’s packed full with all kinds of good things. It’s crunchy, tangy, sweet, and full of protein and vegetables! You can serve it for a snack with a spoon alongside crackers, for lunch on top of a field of greens, or for dinner as a tuna melt. I personally prefer the traditional version with untoasted bread. Any way you slice it, it’s a comforting classic that the whole family will love. Even my kid, who does not like tuna sandwiches, loves this recipe! So, please give it a try and let me know what you usually put in your tuna salad. Thanks so much for visiting and please check out our other lovely sandwiches below!
- 1 can (5 oz) Solid White Albacore, in water (I like Bumble Bee brand)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- ¼ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely diced
- 1 green onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Dash of salt
- Dash of garlic powder
- Dash of onion powder
- Dash of lemon pepper
- 4 slices bread, toasted
- lettuce, optional
- Drain the tuna in a strainer in the sink. In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients, except the bread. Mix with a fork until thoroughly combined.
- Serve on the bread with lettuce, if desired.
For other FANTASTIC sandwiches, please take a peek at our Grilled Cheese Sticks, Rustic Ribeye on Ciabatta or Mama’s Meatball Slider!