This Best Beef Jerky combines knee-weakening flavors of seasoned, lean, tender beef strips with savory, sweet and salty yumminess. It’s crispy, yet moist and is the ultimate portable high protein snack. It will “zestily” blow your mind!
I know that Beef Jerky is kind of a man-snack, but I am a pure cave-woman when it comes to this grub. I just love this sweet, salty, chewy high-protein snack. I know there are many artisan brands out there, but making it yourself can not only save you a bunch of money, it’s also very easy, fun and tastes a whole lot better.
Best Beef Jerky is lean meat that has been trimmed of fat and cut into very thin strips. It doesn’t require any refrigeration; it’s dried to prevent spoilage, lasts a very long time and is protein packed fuel for your body. Jerky is a great little pick me up during your day and is also a great little nosh to take along on summer road trips or backpacking adventures.
Plus, Jerky is also a great way to use up that meat that has been in the freezer for awhile and an easy way to use up different spices that have been lying around. It’s fun to experiment with different flavors. However, you will find this recipe truly amazing! It has just the right amount of saltiness from the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke. Then, you get the sweetness from the dark corn syrup, honey, brown sugar and teriyaki fruitiness. It is So yummy!
The good news is you can purchase an awesome dehydrator nowadays for between $35-75, so you can cook the jerky quickly and evenly. And don’t forget, you can also use the dehydrator to make all kinds of fruit (love dried apricots), veggie and kale chips, plus all sorts of other good stuff. So, if you love beef jerky as much as I do, pick yourself up a dehydrator today. Carnivores Rejoice and please try this recipe for Best Beef Jerky. It is going to please any meat-eater in your life, male or female!
- 3 lbs lean beef brisket
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ cups thick, flavorful teriyaki sauce
- ¼ cup liquid smoke
- ¼ cup Karo dark corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dehydrator machine
- Take the lean beef brisket and put the meat in the freezer for an hour to make slicing easier. Then, slice meat with the grain as thin as possible (around a ¼”). You can always have your butcher (or grocery meat department) cut the strips for you instead.
- Place beef strips in the bottom of a large bowl or container. Pour the rest of the ingredients over the beef. Mix well, so all the meat is evenly coated and submerged. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Remove meat and pat dry (use paper towels). Place the meat in a single layer on the trays of your dehydrator machine. Then follow the dehydrator’s instructions to cook the beef jerky until it is dry and firm, yet still a little bit pliable. (With my dehydrator, that meant cooking the jerky at 155°F for about 5 hours. But cooking times will vary based on the heat/brand of your dehydrator.)
- Leave meat out in the air to cool. The longer you leave it out to cool, the drier it will get. Once dry, store in a cool dry place, in an airtight container for 2 to 3 months.
Check out these FANTASTIC Summer Recipes, Decorations and Entertaining Ideas!