This Bacon Rose Quiche is a rich and creamy family favorite. It’s the best quiche recipe I have ever tried! Bacon slices made into cute roses for the top make this dish perfect for company.
So there is a new movie that came out recently called Batman versus Superman and it got me thinking…I wonder if these Real Men Eat Quiche? I guess I’m one of the few people who look at these 2 hot guys and think about a classic French dish made with a tantalizing blend of bacon, cream and cheese. I really need to step away from the computer and get out more!
I’ve wanted to make this Bacon Rose Quiche for a while now. This dish is lovely because it couldn’t be simpler. You throw a few ingredients into a pre-made crust, add some eggs and cream, and you are ready to feed a crowd. The nice thing is you can eat this dish, hot or cold, any time of day; it is perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner! There are not a lot of recipes you can say that about.
This pie is simply egg-ceptional (couldn’t resist). I adore the liquid velvet savory custard with the perfect amount of sugar and spice. It will literally melt in your mouth! Plus there’s the amazing filling ingredients of sweet caramelized onions, sautéed cremini mushrooms, green onions, smoky crumbled bacon, and two kinds of cheese. There is such a rich, fresh flavor to this recipe. It’s one scrumptious, hearty, delicious meal in a pan. And let’s not forget about the darling Bacon Roses on top; they are so easy to make, you won’t believe it! It’s a little extra touch that makes a very festive presentation and the perfect way to jazz up a lazy Sunday afternoon. This is just the kind of meal to come home to after watching 2 Super Heroes strut their stuff, don’t you think?
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish frozen pie crust
- 10 slices bacon, crisply fried and crumbled
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (save a couple green pieces to decorate top, if desired)
- 6 eggs
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Bacon Rose Directions for top, if desired, we suggest using Jones Dairy Farm Bacon.
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and butter. Stir in the mushrooms and onions. Season with salt and pepper and stir occasionally for 8 minutes until slightly brown and tender.
- Sprinkle mushroom/onion mixture, bacon, cheeses and green onion into the pastry-lined pie pan.
- Whisk eggs slightly, and beat in remaining ingredients (except Bacon Roses).
- Carefully pour egg mixture into pie pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 450°F.
- Then, reduce oven temperature to 300°F and bake an additional 30 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil if the top is getting too brown.
- Quiche is done when knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let quiche rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Make Bacon Roses, if desired, and place on top with a few green onion pieces for decoration.
For other GREAT breakfast ideas, please try our Bistro Breakfast or Sweetheart Breakfast Scramble!