This delicious Bacon Egg Stuffed Sweet Potato is the perfect Paleo-friendly way to start your day. Only 3 nourishing ingredients that will keep you feeling fit and looking good!
In an effort to mix it up a little for breakfast, my son found this healthy, colorful recipe on FitMenCook. I loved it because it was simple, inexpensive and very creative. Plus, there are so many benefits to eating a sweet potato in the morning versus my normal hash brown potatoes; I just had to try it.
Sweet potatoes are so versatile and can be used in place of more-fattening foods to make your meals lower in calories. They are an excellent source of vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene), plus they’re also a very good source of vitamin C (wart off cold and flu viruses and produces collagen to maintain skin’s youthful elasticity), copper, pantothenic acid and vitamin B6 (helps reduce degenerative diseases). Additionally, sweet potatoes are a wonderful source of potassium, dietary fiber, niacin, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, phosphorus, vitamin D (for healthy bones), iron (for a healthy immune system) and magnesium (the anti-stress mineral). Geez, all this plus a naturally sweet tasting root vegetable too!
This Bacon Egg Stuffed Sweet Potato not only tastes fantastic, but it will easily fill you up too. You get the sweetness from the tuber, the saltiness from the turkey bacon, and the creaminess from the egg yolk. Put it all together and you have a fantastic morning breakfast. Plus, not only is this a very low-cost meal, it’s also easy to put together and will keep you looking gorgeous. So relax and make a couple for your loved ones this weekend. Your body will thank you!
- 1 raw medium sweet potato
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices turkey bacon
- Sea salt
- Garlic powder
- Fresh rosemary
- Sriracha sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cover the sweet potato in foil and bake in the oven for 45 minutes, until they are soft yet still a little firm. Remove foil.
- Slice the sweet potato in half and scoop out part of the inside in order to make a hole for the egg and bacon.
- Take a raw slice of bacon and wrap it around the inside hole of the sweet potato.
- Crack eggs into a bowl, separating the egg whites from the yolk. Pour the egg white into the hole and bake on a small baking sheet for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and add the egg yolk on top. Bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until the egg white has been fully cooked.
- Season with sea salt, pepper, a little garlic powder, fresh rosemary leaves and a drizzle of Sriracha.
For other healthy breakfast options, please try our Mocha Morning Breakfast Yogurt, Mexican Ranchero Breakfast Veggie Style, Banana Cherry Custard Muffins, Good for U Blueberry Orange Muffins or Honey Nutty Granola.