Apple Cinnamon Roll Muffins are rich, buttery-soft breakfast rolls with just the right amount of cinnamon brown sugar, wrapped around juicy apples and sweet golden raisins, topped with tasty vanilla cream cheese icing! Everyone will want this recipe!
There are few things better than waking up to the smell of hot Apple Cinnamon Roll Muffins baking in the oven. These soft, fluffy, buttery, gooey “cinnamon roll” tasting muffins are not only delicious, they are super easy to make!
First of all, my son thinks they taste just like Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls that you can buy at the mall (but without all the trouble of parking). And secondly, have you ever checked out the process of making those rolls? My carpal tunnel acts up just watching them. So, the great news is, you can have all of this yumminess at home, but without any of the trouble of making them from scratch. Instead of mixing the sticky dough, kneading endlessly and then constantly rolling it out (while it stretches back on you), just defrost some unfrozen yeast dinner rolls and you are ready to go. After they rise, just pinch off pieces and roll them in the decadent brown sugar, cinnamon and butter mixture. Then, add in some freshly chopped, juicy-sweet apples and golden raisins, and you are ready to bake.
After all the lovely cinnamon fragrances come wafting out of the oven, you just drizzle the Apple Cinnamon Roll Muffins with the glaze and get ready to enjoy the compliments. Everyone will enjoy the fresh, homemade, scrumptious taste SO much more than the kind that comes in an exploding tube. They will definitely become a family favorite and save you a trip to the mall!
- 12 frozen yeast dinner rolls (I used Rhodes)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- ½ cup white sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 2 apples, peeled and cut into thin chunks
- ½ cup cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Place the frozen yeast rolls on a baking sheet and defrost according to package instructions (mine was covered for 3 hours).
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon and sugar.
- When the dough has finished rising, grab 1 tablespoon worth of dough and roll into a ball. Dip the dough balls into butter and then roll into the cinnamon sugar mixture. Fill each muffin liner with 3 dough balls.
- Sprinkle a little bit of apple chunks and raisins on top of the dough balls (saving a little to sprinkle on top too).
- Repeat the dough ball dipping and divide them among the liners. If you have a few extra, stick them onto some of the other muffins to make them larger.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze by beating together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and cream together. If it's too thick, add more cream. Drizzle each muffin with glaze and enjoy!
For other delicious breakfast recipes, please try our Zesty Orange Faraway Muffin, Chocolate Cherry Coconut Scuffins, Spiced Apple Bread, Brown Sugar Cinnamon Sweet Rolls, Baked French Toast Casserole, Bacon Croissant Egg Puff or Good For U Blueberry Orange Muffins to name a few!