4 Ingredient Red Curry Chicken with Vermicelli noodles is thick, creamy, complex, sweetened from coconut milk and fairly rich. Fun to make and easy on the wallet!
Do you love Trader Joe’s as much as I do? They have some great products that make my life a whole lot easier (no compensation, just love the place). Take for instance, 4 Ingredient Red Curry Chicken. Now, I don’t know about you, but instead of going to the store and buying chicken broth, fish sauce, Thai red curry paste, fresh ginger, garlic, lime, etc., I can just hop over to TJ’s and grab one bottle of Thai Red Curry Sauce and I am done. No left over fish sauce going to waste in my kitchen!
I love this recipe because it’s so simple, easy, and extremely flavorful. Plus, there are only four ingredients needed to pull it all together! It takes 20 minutes to prepare and makes a very inexpensive, exotic meal for your family or guests. I especially love the mellow coconut creaminess mingled with the comforting curry spiciness. Then, you get the chewy rice vermicelli noodles, which have a little bite to them, along with the savory chicken pieces. It is ridiculously delicious!
If you haven’t tried curry before, this is a great place to start. I will never forget the first time I tried Thai food. I wasn’t exactly sure what to expect. I thought it was going to be similar to Chinese food (naïve, I know). Thai dishes are prepared lightly, having stronger aromatic components as well as spiciness (unless you request mild, I’m a wimp). The recipes are usually a fusion of three to five different tastes: sweet, salty, sour, bitter and spicy. They are a delightful chaos of flavors! They don’t taste as heavy as Chinese food, and you aren’t hungry an hour later. Anyway, I was immediately a Thai food convert.
Sometimes I go really crazy and add some zucchini slices to this recipe (ha-ha). I just add the slices to the boiling water with the noodles, drain, and then add the slices to the sauce and simmer a bit. I think you will find all kinds of creative ways to kick it up a notch. But for now, I hope you will give this flavorful 4 Ingredient Red Curry Chicken a try. You are going to love it! Next, I’m going to make you my favorite Moroccan dish…stay tuned!
- 2 tablespoons oil (I used coconut oil, but olive oil or vegetable oil will work)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken, cut into small cubes
- 1 (11 oz bottle) Thai Red Curry Sauce (I used Trader Joe's)
- 1 (14 oz can) Coconut Cream (Trader Joe's extra thick & rich)
- 1 (8 oz package) dried rice sticks vermicelli noodles
- Top with chopped cilantro, green onions and red chili peppers, if desired)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet on high heat.
- Quickly brown the chicken cubes for 2 minutes on each side. Lower the heat to medium high and add the curry sauce and coconut cream. Let cook for 5 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, boil the rice noodles according to the directions on the package (mine only took 3 minutes). Drain the noodles and set aside.
- When the chicken is fully cooked (165° Fahrenheit), lower the heat to simmer. Add the rice noodles and let simmer for 5 minutes. Divide amongst bowls and top with toppings, if desired. Serve immediately and Enjoy!
For other great exotic dishes, please try our Korean Style Beef Tacos and Pineapple Pork Bowl.